Thursday, July 10, 2008

HA HA HA (evil/triumphant laugh)

Back in September of last year, I boldly stood and declared a promise to the silent rebel everywhere: "I WILL pass this AP Test, and I will do it with an Eleventh Edition!" And so my fate was sealed. Defying all odds, the rampant discouragement of my peers, and the resentful persistence of my teacher that one could only survive the course with an updated 15th (I think it was) edition of the textbook, I saved $68 and bought the 11th edition, passing the course and eventually the AP test. OK, so the book was a few pages off of everyone else's, and it didn't have all those DBQ's in the back of it, but it was exactly the same as the one I needed- text, pictures, and everything. I was quite proud of my unappreciated textbook. Just today I received my AP Test results and I pulled off a 3. Good enough for me, considering I made up most of 2 of the 3 essays, and I didn't confidently complete the multiple choice section. I won this battle, and I did it with an 11th edition. Ha ha ha. I really do love that book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm pretty sure I don't like you much right now. You nerd! :)

Megan said...

You're in high school and they made you buy your own text book? What's that all about? congrats on the 3.